GATE 2017 stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India exam that tests the deep -understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science.
GATE is conducted jointly by the seven IITs i.e. IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India.
Latest Modification in Gate 2017
“The Candidates may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org between 17 October to 27 October, 2016 for minor modifications in the following only (with document proof in attachment). All candidates need to send email with relevant documents from their GATE 2017 registered email only. But the email subject line should be “Correction in data (write your enrollment number here)”.
GATE 2017 Form corrections/modifications
- Name of Applicants (only minor spelling with document proof)
- Date of Birth (minor change in date/ month/ year with document proof)
- Name of Parent/Guardian (only minor spelling with document proof)
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General (with document proof)
- Have you graduated in the above degree? (changes in Yes/No with document proof)
- Year of Qualifying Degree (minor change in year with document proof)
GATE 2017 Exam Dates
Get updated information for GATE 2017 Exam date: We have updated information for exam date which was officially announced by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. See the details mentioned below;
|Application Form summation Start Date||1st September, 2016|
|Application Form summation Last Date||10th October, 2016 (now extended)|
|Request for Change in City Last Date||16th November, 2016|
|Correction in Application Form||17th to 27th October, 2016|
|Admit Card Issue Date||5th January 2017|
|GATE 2017 Online Exam Date (CBT)||4, 5 & 11, 12 February 2017|
|Result Announcement Date||27th March, 2017|
|Availability of Score Card||27th March to 26th May 2017|
GATE Application fees 2017
- For women/SC/ST/PWD – Rs 750/- only
- For Other Candidates – Rs 1500/- only
Eligibility for GATE 2017
The candidates are looking for GATE 2017 exam his/her qualification must be match as given.
- Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture in B.Tech, B.E. (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year can are also eligible for GATE Exam 2017 but colleges must be approved by AICTE .
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs from valid university.
- The Candidates who are in the second or higher year of 4years integrated master’s degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
GATE 2017 Disciplines, structure, and syllabus
Currently GATE is conducting in the 23 disciplines. The candidates can opt any one of these from following .
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL**|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|* Engineering Sciences (XE) Paper Sections
(A and any 2 of B to G)
|Code||** Life Sciences (XL) Paper Sections
(H and any 2 of I to M)
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||H|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||M|
General aptitude questions
Each subject’s test contains 10 questions that test known as “General Aptitude” it is apart from the core subject of the discipline.
GATE 2017 Duration and marks
The exam gives 3 hrs and contains 65 marks which value will be of 100.
Note:- Stay watching the website to get latest information on GATE 2017